ServiceMaster Upholstery Cleaning
Sofas and chairs in a home often see a lot of love and use, and thus show soil and dirt quickly. You may not be concerned about stains on your upholstery. But what about the dirt you can’t see? Although not often visible to the naked eye, upholstery collects contaminants such as dead skin cells, oils and dust that can only be removed through a thorough professional cleaning. ServiceMaster Clean® professionals are experts at selecting the correct cleaning system for various fabric types and soil conditions.
When cleaning upholstery, our technicians use specially designed products, equipment and methods to achieve the best results.
Upholstery and Cleaning Leather Furniture Methods Include:
- Dry Cleaning
- High-Temperature Steam Cleaning
- Stain Treatment
- Leather Conditioning
- Scotch Guard Application (Fabric Protection)
Professional upholstery cleaning by ServiceMaster Clean:
- Is safe for all kinds of upholstery and fabrics
- Is non-toxic to family and pets
- Removes stains and spots already present
- Reduces the effects of wear on furniture
- Helps extend the life of upholstery
- Helps eliminate persistent odors
Do-it-yourself isn’t always best.
Upholstered items come in a variety of fabrics, textures and blends. It can be difficult for the average homeowner to know the right cleaning method for them. And cleaning upholstery incorrectly can cause shrinkage, color bleeding or discoloration. Our upholstery experts eliminate the guesswork and help homeowners avoid damaging upholstery. We select the best cleaning method for your upholstery and its condition, utilizing equipment created to remove the most soil possible. Furniture is an investment that can last for years, so skip doing it yourself and call ServiceMaster Clean.
A name you can trust.
ServiceMaster Clean has been providing an unparalleled level of clean for more than 60 years. Our research and development team works to ensure that we are using state-of-the-art products and processes to improve the appearance of your upholstery. We guarantee the job is done right.
WHAT TO EXPECT:
Already scheduled your service? Here’s what to expect from ServiceMaster Upholstery Cleaning:
- Step 1: A technician will conduct a preliminary inspection of your upholstery to determine the best cleaning method.
- Step 2: We pre-treat spots and stains using our proprietary cleaning products or manufacturer-recommended products to accelerate soil release.
- Step 3: The upholstery is rinse-extracted using high performance truck mounted equipment or portable extractors. This rinse-extraction process uses a specially formulated pH-balancing fiber rinse that helps to remove the cleaning solution residue.
- Step 4: If the pre-treatment doesn’t remove all spots, we use various techniques in attempt to remove them.
- Pick up items on top of all upholstery to be cleaned such as toys, reading material, blankets, etc.
- Depending on the cleaning method we use, drying time differs. The average drying time is anywhere from 1 to 6 hours.
Keeping your upholstery looking its best.
- Avoid direct sunlight. Modern furniture fabrics are usually very resilient to sunlight. However, under extreme exposure, even these fabrics show signs of fading.
- Plump up cushions often. Filling loses its ability to bounce back if not plumped up regularly. Plumping cushions will help them last longer.
- Rotate cushions often. Cushions that are not rotated may experience premature and unnecessary wear.
- Upholstered furniture should be vacuumed on a regular basis to remove dust and loose dirt.
- Couches and chairs with removable covers can be washed in the washing machine or dry cleaned, depending on the material.
- Clean spots and spills quickly, as fresh stains are easier to remove.
- To remove a spill, blot liquids with a dry, white absorbent cloth or plain white paper towels (no prints or colors).
- Start at the outside of the spot and continue toward the center to prevent the stain from spreading. Continue blotting until the area is barely damp. Semisolids, like food spills, may need to be scooped up with a spoon. Solid, dried bits can be vacuumed up. Warning: do not scrub or use a brush. Scrubbing and brushes can damage the upholstery.
- Pretest your chosen cleaner on a hidden area of your upholstery.
- Follow the product’s directions carefully. Apply a small amount of the cleaner or white vinegar to a white cloth and work in gently, from the edges to the center. Blot; don’t scrub. Never use a brush. You may need to do this several times to remove the spot.
- Why should I get upholstered furniture cleaned?
Having upholstered furniture professionally cleaned eliminates odors, removes spots and helps extend the life of your furniture.
- Is professional upholstery cleaning expensive?
Professional upholstery cleaning is just pennies compared to the cost of replacing worn furniture that hasn’t been maintained. Call today to get an estimate from one of our professionals.
- How long does it take to get my upholstered furniture professionally cleaned?
Total cleaning time depends on the cleaning process used and the amount of time needed for the upholstery to dry. The technician will give you an estimated cleaning time prior to service.
- Will a professional upholstery cleaning be disruptive to my family?
The team at ServiceMaster Clean will work with you to schedule a time convenient for you. Our technician will inform you of estimated drying times.
- Can I use household cleaners for spot removal?
Because upholstered fabrics are often more delicate, we recommend using only ServiceMaster Clean products applied with specified cleaning methods. For more information, contact your local ServiceMaster Clean professional.
- How often do I need to get my upholstered furniture professionally cleaned?
Furniture manufacturers typically recommend having upholstered pieces professionally cleaned every 12 to 24 months.
- When will I be able to use my furniture after a professional cleaning?
Depending on the cleaning method we use, drying time differs. The average drying time is anywhere from 1 to 6 hours.
- Will there be an odor?
Depending on the type of upholstery, you may notice a faint scent. The amount of time it takes for the odor to dissipate is usually within an hour but varies based on air circulation, heat and humidity.
- Do I need to do anything prior to the technician arriving for my scheduled service?
Simply pick up items on top of all upholstery to be cleaned such as toys, reading material, blankets, etc.
RECOMMENDED CLEANING SCHEDULE
To properly maintain your upholstered furniture, vacuum regularly, plump up and rotate cushions, as well as spot clean when needed. To keep your upholstery looking its best, furniture manufacturers recommend a professional cleaning every 12 to 24 months.
ServiceMaster Cleaning Services
1147 N. Ellsworth Ave.
Villa Park, IL 60181